General Academic Upgrading
Allows the client to increase their present academic situation to further pursue professional training or to enter the labour market through literacy training, general education, social and may include social and employment integration programs.
- Be a registered Kanesatake Band Member
- Meet with Human Resources Employment & Training Counselor
- An Action Plan must be agreed upon that includes this training as a component that will detail how this upgrading is part of his individualized training plan that supports his/her (re) entry into the active labour market
- Approval is subject to the client’s past training history, present availability of funds, and whether the client meets the enrollment eligibility of the training institution prior to the start date of the training program
- Bring your transcript of the past studies
- Bring your birth certificate
- Bring information of the training Institute of your studies
- A person without income
- A person currently receiving Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefits, and/or having received E.I. benefits in the past three (3) years or having received maternity/parental benefits in the past five (5) years
- Be over 16 years of age
- Have been out of school for at least one year
Please take not that Applications for all funding requests must be submitted to KHRO at least 60 days before the official start date of the training to allow for adequate time to review and process the request.
Applications will be approved based on the criteria met and funding availability
All applications can be found below