Professional & Developmental Training
Allows the client to acquire the vocational skills required for a given job. The outcome is for the client in becoming more competitive within the labour market within a short period of time by obtaining certification in a new field or occupation.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered Kanesatake Band Member
- Meet with Human Resources Employment & Training Counselor prior to registration and start date of the vocational course
- Meet the enrollment eligibility of the training institution
- Not have received previous funding for another type of training from Human Resources Employment & Training within the past two years unless you want to upgrade yourself in the same field
- Bring your transcript of the past studies, or diploma
- Bring your birth certificate
- Bring information of the training Institute of your studies
- Must be a person without income
- A person currently receiving Employment Insurance (E.I.) benefits, and/or having received E.I. benefits in the past three (3) years or having received maternity/parental benefits in the past five (5) years
- A self-employed worker
- An employed person wishing to take training or change career goals
- A person receiving income security (Social Assistance, Pensioners, etc.)
- Proof that you considered, or looked into the Labour Market (newspaper, location of these jobs, knowledge of the organization, etc.) or letter confirming that you are returning to previous employers after program completed
Please take not that applications for all funding requests must be submitted to KHRO at least 60 days before the official start date of the training to allow for adequate time to review and process the request.
Applications will be approved based on the criteria met and funding availability
All applications can be found below.